Leading international content agency John Brown Media is seeking a young go-getter looking for work experience as a junior digital editorial assistant to help manage the planning, creation and delivery of content across various digital platforms. John Brown Media South Africa is part of the global John Brown Media Group and our local clients include Pick n Pay, BMW/MINI, Old Mutual, Discovery, Spur and Life Healthcare, as well as Waitrose, John Lewis, Orange, RBS Bank and Loblaws, among others, globally. The position of junior digital editorial assistant will report directly to the digital production manager. The position is based in Cape Town.
Although no experience is required, the ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, be able to take initiative, and be organised and reliable. They must display good work ethic and be passionate about learning. This is an ideal position for someone looking to start a career in digital content marketing.
Interviews will be granted based on the potential candidate’s motivation letter.
- Assist the digital team with scheduling and traffic of studio workflow
- Liaise with service providers and external resources
- Maintain John Brown’s signature high quality output to ensure work is delivered on brief, on time and within budget
- Assist with trafficking day-to-day workflow
- Generating of basic production timelines and schedules
- Booking and diarising of meetings
- Booking resources and freelancesInvoicing and capturing of data
- Assisting the digital production manager where required.
- General administrative tasks
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Organised, honest and reliable
- Good work ethic with a positive attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Matric qualification
- Computer literate
- Competent with Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook and Excel
Please forward a detailed CV to Lungelo.Fakude@dentsuaegis.com
Closing Date: 30 APRIL 2019
Reference number: #DPA2019 (to be stipulated in the subject line). Please include your CV and a motivation letter
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN IN LINE WITH JOHN BROWN’S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY POLICY
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. John Brown South Africa reserves the right not to fill the position.
The DAN Values
The candidate will need to demonstrate the Dentsu Aegis values of:
Acting with freedom
Deciding with speed
Keeping it simple
Being constantly curious
Taking risks to succeed
Passionate about thought leadership
Going the extra mile
Not afraid to make decisions
Rapid and ruthless focus
Taking ownership of work/ decisions
Being good citizens
Collaborating across the network
Sharing success models
Attraction, development and mobilisation of the best talent